Downtown Fredericton Inc. in partnership with the City of Fredericton is currently conducting a Parking Master Plan, with the goal of identifying forward-thinking parking management strategies in the downtown.
Consultants from Clayton-Hill Associates / Kimley-Horn will be carrying out research, reviewing data, identifying best practices, and gathering feedback, with a final report expected in late fall 2017. The plan will look to:
- Maximize the efficiency of existing parking resources
- Improve parking and mobility options for residents and visitors
- Identify solutions that will support a connected, walkable and inviting destination for all users.
The plan area is bordered by Smythe Street, George Street, University Avenue, and St. Anne Boulevard.
The public is encouraged to participate in the review, with the following opportunities to provide feedback:
- Participate in an on-street interview during the week of January 23-27. Interviewers will be circulating through the downtown, asking people to take a short survey.
- Attend the Parking Master Plan Open House on Thursday, January 26, from 4pm – 8pm at the Fredericton Public Library (Chickadee Hall).
- Take the Online Parking Survey (Deadline to respond: February 16, 2017)
Click Here for more information about the Parking Master Plan.